Wednesday, June 22, 2011

2nd Week

Well my first week consisted of making numerous mistakes and staying up till about 4am on some days. But mistakes were needed so that I could learn what not to do and what I need to do better. I was finally able to take a hike up a creek that had several really nice reading spots which I have to say are far better than sitting in the middle of school reading. It's nice to be surrounded by trees instead of buildings and hectic traffic.

I can definitely say that I am not here for the pay due to the fact that I am sometimes working 14 hour days and only getting credit for 8 hours of it. I have come to the conclusion that I am here because this is where God needs me to be right now. Filming and making videos is definitely a passion of mine but I would never want to be someone who is defined by there job.

I think I am up here for a different reason other than to make videos and have fun filming. I really don't know what that reason is but I am definitely excited and anxious to see what it is.

One cool thing that happened to me this morning was when I walked outside my cabin and no more than 10ft in front of me was a deer. I probably stood there for about 15 seconds before I made a move for my camera and he made a move for the hills. I can check deer off the list for now, but I am still waiting for a bear and a mountain lion.

Some prayer that I need is for my mouth sores to go away and that I will not catch the sickness that seems to be sneaking around from staff member to staff member. Other than that things are going really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment