Sunday, June 5, 2011

First Days

After six hours of long driving we finally made it to Hume. My dad and I decided that I should leave my car at home until I got enough money to pay for some new tires. So when he dropped me off and said goodbye it felt weird to think that I was literally stuck up here without a way of getting down the mountain. To my surprise I became homesick very fast and the only thing I could think to do was walk the half mile from my trailer to the lake and sit.

While sitting there I did the typical pray to God and ask Him to help me get through the summer. I have had a lot of trouble praying to God so I am going to try and make this summer about improving on that. I think I am the only guy in my section of the trailer that actually sleeps in my trailer. I have yet to meet any of my roommates so I have no idea who I am bunking with.

Other than that work has been keeping me busy during the day. They went over camera usage and how to use audio with the boom mic. All stuff I knew already but it was fun to help the other guys get used to it. I guess the most interesting thing that has happened up here was watching Pocahontas again for the first time in like 5 or 6 years. I met a security guard who had been going 40 hours straight without sleeping so while watching the movie him and I were shouting shinanigans and making fun of the movie until about halfway when we were pretty much falling asleep.

The food here is good and the community is growing on me. One thing I am sad about is that I will not be able to watch many of the summer blockbusters like X-men, Transformers, Green Lantern, or Super 8. Guess it will all just have to wait until I get back.

Alright thats all for today, thanks for reading!

-Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment