Monday, June 27, 2011

What a Saturday

So I think this last Saturday was one of the best Saturdays I have had a long while. Six of us decided to start the day off by hiking up to a place called Little Brown Church. Once we got up there I found etched into a piece of wood a Colossians 1:15. After reading the verse I decided to share a testimony about my senior year in high school leading up to the first few days of college. If you know me well enough you know that the story of that year is not exactly a happy ending story.

After the hike we decided to head to lunch which was then followed by heading to the lake and Kayaking to some random spots such as the cove and the dam at the end of the lake. After about an hour and a half of kayaking a bunch of us went to the staff events which included paint balling, archery, and ended with a long night hopping from tree to tree on high adventure course.

I hated every moment of being up on the ropes during that course due to my consistant fear of heights. But once I got down I was glad that I did it. While up on the ropes it required me to have a ton of Trust not only in myself but first with everyone that was working up there. The staff that works up there were trained to the point where they could do everything backwards and with no fear. They knew every step before they made it and knew exactly what they were doing before they did it.

One thing that I took from this course was that I need to learn to Trust God more and more everyday. Metaphorically we are walking the ropes everyday when we are walking with God. It is tough and scary and at some points we can't move cause we are so afraid with the next step. But one thing that we must constantly remind ourselves of is that God has been walking the ropes that He has created. He knows every step before we make it, and is willing to offer His hand to get across the tough crossroads in life.

Let's keep reminding ourselves that the Spirit of God lives in us.

No comments:

Post a Comment