Thursday, July 7, 2011

Never so in Love

This week started a little different. We switched up positions so I had to learn a new schedule and a new job. I guess the first mistake I made was missing part of the team meeting on monday morning. First time I had to have my boss come up and wake me up. Yeah that was pretty embarrassing. I decided the next day that I would get up early and shoot a time lapse of the sun rising so I could put it at the beginning of my video. Well the clouds decided to block the sun for me so all I got was some clouds moving towards the camera which looked sorta cool I guess. The rest of the day was a huge blur cause I was working on 4 hours of sleep and began getting a soar throat.

My mood was not to great on Tuesday and I still had to go to evening chapel to film something the camp calls Decision Night. Chris Brown is the speaker this week and I had to basically film his whole sermon and then pull clips from it to put in my video. I was very tired while filming but I kept myself awake until the end...and I am glad I did.

At the end of the chapel Chris asked everyone that wanted to give their life to Christ to stand up. It was not until that I realized what decision night was all about. Chris asked those not standing to leave chapel so there could be room for everyone else that stood. Part of my job that night was to film students with there leaders and get emotional shots to put in the video. Before I started to get shots I saw in the middle of the room a leader run up to a student and give him a huge hug. I could see the leader and the students both crying and before I knew it my eyes started to tear up as well. I tried to ignore it but as soon as pressed the record button it suddenly hit me that these students were giving their lives to Christ for the firs time.

As soon as this realization hit me tears began rolling down my face and I had to stop filming. I walked to the back of the chapel and had to take a 5 minute breather. As I was looking around the room and saw the lived changing before my eyes I thought to myself for the first time "I have Never been so in Love with my job before." I walked back down the aisles and began filming and couldn't really see my screen cause my eyes were to watery.

Many times I had kept telling myself that I am doing my job not for the money but for God and the students. Tuesday night was a good reminder of who I am really working for.

No comments:

Post a Comment